Information We May Collect
We collect personal information from you in order to provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. Information we may collect includes:
- Your name and an email address so we can deliver our newsletter to you. You would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this information to us in our contact forms.
- Billing information including your name, address and credit card information so that we can process payment to deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation.
- Your name, email address and phone number if you complete our contact form with a question. We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question.
Please note the information above (“Personal Data”) you are giving to us is voluntary, and by providing it to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You can opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Information We May Collect:
(i) Anonymous Data Collection and Use
In order to maintain our Website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. This is essentially “traffic data” and cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
(ii) Use of “Cookies”
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings.
What We Do With the Information We Collect
(i) Contact You
We may contact you with information that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
- Consent. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
- Contract. We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
- Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
(ii) Process Payments
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
(iii) Targeted Social Media Advertisements
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and/or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
(iv) Share with Third Parties
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our merchant accounts to process payments, and Google/social media accounts in order to run advertisements.
(v) Viewing by Others
Whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage etc.).
(vi) Submission, Storage, Sharing and Transferring of Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, payment processors or team members). These third parties are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
(vi) Data Retention
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and/or services you requested from us. We may retain certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
We aim to keep the Personal Data that you share with us confidential. Please note that we may disclose such information in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Alder Ridge;
- protect the personal safety or rights of our users or the public;
- protect against legal liability;
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data we use.
- Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
- Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hinderance.
- Object to our use of your Personal Data.
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
You can unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at email@example.com.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us and we take commercially reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and accordingly we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Should we become aware of a data breach, we will inform you immediately.
We may use third party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, such as Google Analytics. You can opt-out of having your activity on the Website available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Third Party Websites
Notification of Changes
Last Updated: April 2020